The EMMETT Technique Practitioner training is designed for qualified medical professionals and complementary therapists interested in extending their skills. All practitioners are encouraged to enhance their existing practice by integrating the EMMETT Technique with their prior training. Exercise specialists such as Pilates instructors, yoga teachers and personal trainers and coaches are also very attracted to this course. Undergraduates and non-therapists are also welcome to attend as there are no pre-requisites.
The course is divided into two-day learning blocks, called Modules, with 6 Modules in total across 11 days. Material covered in the previous Module is reviewed before new work is covered. This ensures that all participants are up to date and ready to learn new material. Modules 1&2 are one day each in duration and always taught as a two-day block. The total course therefore consists of 11 days.
This course is recognised by the Complementary Health Professionals (CHP).
Modular Course Structure
- Modules 1 & 2. First day Module 1, second day Module 2.
- Module 3. First day review of Mods 1&2, second day new Module 3 work.
- Module 4. First day review of Module 3, second day new Module 4 work.
- Module 5. First day review of Module 4, second day new Module 5 work.
- Module 6. First day review of Module 5, second day new Module 6 work.
- Module 6 Review / Assessment. One day. At Module 6 Review, a written & practical assessment will be offered and a Certificate of Proficiency will be awarded when a pass is achieved. This qualifies the participant as an EMMETT Technique Practitioner. Assessment is optional. A Certificate of Attendance is provided where the participant is not assessed.
- Optional: Client Clinic Day.
“I can’t wait” is the typical response from students when the instructors send out email reminders about the next module!
The modules are generally offered in the same location 8 – 12 weeks apart to allow participants to gain real experience with the technique between workshops. Therefore it is usually possible to complete the full course within 12 months. The course can be completed sooner if the participant is willing to travel between venues.
Want to know more? Check out the FAQsection.