Last updated: February 2020
AIM: To provide a fair and transparent framework for providing refunds to students in the event of cancellation of a course either by the student or by the instructor.
COURSE CANCELLATION POLICY
Instructors make every effort to promote their courses in order to achieve a minimum number of student registrations for each course. However, on occasion courses will need to be cancelled:
• When minimum registrations are not achieved the instructor may need to cancel or postpone the class. In those circumstances the instructor must advise students of the cancellation of the course two (2) weeks prior to the course start date.
• Instructors teaching Horse courses will need to give consideration to the predicted weather conditions, as horse courses are not appropriate when the weather is very hot, cold or very wet. Adverse weather conditions may result in horse courses being postponed by the instructor within 24 to 48 hours of a course date.
In either of these circumstances registered students have a choice of having their full course fee returned or applying for their course fee’s to be forwarded towards their next convenient course with any instructor.
ETUK recognises the students may also be required to cancel a class they have registered for after they have already paid a deposit or the full course fees:
• If this occasion arises where a student elects to cancel a course and notifies the instructor more than 21 days prior to the course, then the student’s course fee will be refunded minus the non refundable component.
• If the student cancels within 20 – 2 days (i.e. 48 hours) of the course, 50% of the course fee will be refunded.
• Course fees are forfeited for cancellations within 48 hours of the course start
In order to reduce out of pocket expenses, it is recommended that all students make changeable, or refundable accommodation and travel arrangements nd/or arrange their own insurance to cover course cancellations.