The EMMETT Technique Horse Practitioner training is designed for qualified Veterinary professionals, complementary therapists and horse owners who are interested in extending their skills. All practitioners are encouraged to enhance their existing practice by integrating the EMMETT Technique with their prior training. Equine instructors and coaches are also very attracted to this course. Undergraduates and non-therapists are also welcome to attend.
The course is divided into two-day learning blocks, called Levels, with 5 Levels in total across 11 days. Material covered in the previous Level is reviewed before new work is covered. This ensures that all participants are up to date and ready to learn new material.
This course is recognised by the International Association of Animal Therapists (IAAT) and Complementary Health Professionals (CHP).
Level Course Structure
- Level 1 – Two days of learning both Horse and Rider corrections.
- Level 2 – First day review of Level 1, second day new Level 2 work.
- Level 3 – First day review of Level 2, second day new Level 3 work.
- Level 4 – First day review of Level 3, second day new Level 4 work.
- Level 5 – First day review of Level 4, second day new Level 5 work.
- Level 5 Assessment -At Level 5 Review, a written & practical assessment will be offered and a Certificate of Proficiency will be awarded when a pass is achieved. This qualifies the participant as an EMMETT Technique Horse Practitioner. Assessment is optional. A Certificate of Attendance is provided where the participant is not assessed.
Want to know more?
“I can't wait” is the typical response from students when the instructors send out email reminders about the next module!
Class sizes are deliberately kept small to ensure a professional but friendly and relaxed atmosphere with personalised supervision. It is unusual to have a class size larger than 12.
Levels are generally offered 6 – 8 weeks apart in any 1 location to allow participants to gain real experience with the technique between levels. Therefore, it is usually possible to complete the full course within 12 months. The course can be completed sooner if a student wishes to do so and is willing to travel to other course locations. The levels are attended in number order.